"Bling-Bling" For My "Ring-Ring."

I don't really like talking on the phone. Not since I was a teenager have I really enjoyed spending more than five minutes on the phone. In my view, unless you live very far away from me, or have some really juicy news that must be shared ASAP; I don't want to chat on the phone with you. I would much rather meet up with you in person and catch up.

But, despite having this aversion to talking on the phone; I do have a cell phone. It took me much longer than all of my friends to get one. I got my first one back in 2001, the day after I met my husband. (He ended up being the first person I dialed on my cell phone when I got it... To set up our first date.)

Since then, I have only gone through two cell phones. I am on my third. And I've never been drawn to any of the fancy-shmancy cell phones... Like the Razor or Q. (Although, I am loving the new iPhone. I will probably get one in the second generation of them.)

Yet, even though I'm not drawn to the fancy phones; I do have a need to be fashionable and unique with my phone...

So, one day when I was out shopping with my husband getting him some new suits (a very dull afternoon it is when it is spent picking out varying dark blue and gray suits), I got bored. I got bored and decided to wander down the street into the Paper Source.

While I was in the Paper Source, I came across these itty-bitty rhinestone stickies. I purchased some and walked back to the shop where my husband was suit-shopping. Once I got there, I busted out my cell phone (a red LG phone) and began "sticking."

The final result? Voila!



Sure... It looks a little "be-dazzled." But I love it. And I've gotten many compliments on it. You can buy cell phones that come decorated with the Swarovski crystals already on them... But they cost a ton of money. And I think the home-made version is just fine.

It makes my cell phone special. It's all "blinged" out!

Comments

gabster said…
it is pretty. what glue did you use?
Me said…
No glue. The rhinestone crystals had sticky stuff on the back of them. So I just peeled each crystal from the sheet and was able to stick it on.

Popular Posts