Getting Stoned: Dear Anonymous Commenter...

I love it when people leave their "anonymous" comments on my blog.

Even though I have a policy (as do most bloggers) of not publishing anonymous comments, especially really negative ones, I am going to do a "special one-time feature" posting regarding a fascinating comment that was just left on my blog this evening.

This anonymous comment is "fascinating" because the person chose to use my real name as the person giving the comment.

So that means it is some pathetic person leaving the comment who not only knows me; but is extremely jealous of me.

"What could they possibly jealous of?" you may be asking...

Well, truth be told, I have no idea. I'm not anyone special. Just an almost 30-something married gal who would like to have children someday (not anytime soon) and who is starting a new job soon. I like to talk a lot. And I get excited about things very easily. And I have lots of energy.

So I believe that the fact that I have had the balls to take a break and focus on myself personally for the past few months, they have to be jealous of that. Otherwise, the tone of their comment wouldn't be so derived from my personal life (which they have insight into from my blog.) And other than the last month, my personal life has been pretty easy-going.

Anyhow... The comment... Here it is, in all it's unedited glory...

Hi Missus- Though still very "cheeky" (you little sassypants, you) your blog still sucks even after you've taken a job as a writer. It's a pathetic excuse for expository writing, and I'm only hoping that whatever writing you're doing for a job is not for the benefit of other people or companies -- or, god forbid, for a good cause. Because if your "professional" (notice the quote marks) writing is as evil, embarrassing, and self-stroking as your leisure writing, then I pity whoever has been fleeced into thinking that you will benefit them. Oh, and your sick baby fantasies? Give me a break. Children are wonderful, amazing things that I hope to have someday. But you, on the other hand, seem to think that a child is just a baby. And that a baby is just a fashion accessory that gives you excuses to buy buy buy more and more high-end crap that will let you a)load your blog with more crap, and b)socialize with other South End mommies who wouldn't give you the time of day otherwise. If you're going to bring a child into this world, do it for them. Not for yourself. G'day matey.

The writer is obviously female. And very obsessed with the idea of me needing to have a kid. (Certainly more obsessed with it than I ever will be.)

Setting the record straight... I don't need to have a kid. If it happens; it happens. If it doesn't someday, well then that's the way life goes. (And other than my posting on the "baby disco," when have I written about babies in recent months?) I am focused on other things right now... Like my second 30-day Bikram yoga challenge, my friends (who I am finally able to connect with after working long and hard for months last year), my new job and turning 30 later this year. I decided this was a year I was going to begin focusing on me (I am a Narcissist after all. All bloggers are to some extent) and I am having a pretty good time.

And since they are bringing up my writing, I might as well address that as well.

I am a good writer. I have very good traffic coming to this blog. I blog about fashion and pop culture because those are the things that I personally enjoy reading and writing about. And because I actually have talent writing about these particular things, people have taken notice and provided me with great opportunities and have included me in wonderful events.

(Of course, I wouldn't expect the commenter to know the first thing about writing; given they lacked the grammar and "flow" it takes to write something with talent; as demonstrated by their comment.)

So, dear commenter, I do hope you find happiness in your life soon. Because Lord knows (see when you reference God, you're supposed to capitalize the first letter; as that his name) you are clearly not a happy person.

Sure, you know me. But you've probably never been a bitch to my face; and probably don't have the balls to either. But I look forward to you finding your cajones someday and letting me know who you are and how you truly feel. Because chances are, we will continue to run in the same circles as each other. And I am not afraid of you and your words.

Cheers!

-The Missus... hmm...

P.S. Despite the fact that you think my blog "sucks," I do have to let you know that I am flattered and appreciate you at least taking the time to still read my content. (In a weird way, you are actually a fan of mine!) Even if someone doesn't like me or what I'm about, I do want to thank you for adding traffic to my site. And it would be rude of me not to thank you. I mean, my mum and dad taught me solid manners. So I know better than to not thank someone. ;)

Comments

Me said…
Update to this posting...

We have a pretty good idea who left this comment.

And all I have to say to you missy is...

"I hope you get promoted at XXXXX XXXXXX someday. I know how hard you work, and so does everyone else. You do deserve a better work-life balance than you get. I like you as a person and have no beef with you. But I do respect that you are put-off by my aggressive nature and ability to stand up to others; because I know it is something you do not have the ability to do.

But I do like you. Alawys have. Always will. No matter what mean things you may say anonymously."

Popular Posts