Dear MBNA.

Dear MBNA,

We have had a solid relationship together for nearly 11 years now. I know you have appreciated my business (especially when I moved from AZ to NYC with no money saved and went $4k into debt which took four years to pay off because I was low-paid in my career), and I have always appreciated being dealt with as a valuable customer.

However, things have gotten ridiculous.

Despite not really using your credit card much for the past few years, you have steadily increased my credit limit. Whenever I put a few hundred dollars on you and they pay it off the next month, you add another couple of thousand dollars to my credit availability.

This is kind. But it is getting off-putting.

Dear MBNA, you're becoming the chick who really, really likes a guy who takes her out; then doesn't call for a few months; then calls one night at the last minute to go out. And the girl thinks, "He REALLY does like me. I know he does! Why else has he come back to me after all this time? He has to be 'the one.'" And then he doesn't call for a few more months. (It's a repetitive pattern.)

No one's credit limit should be nearly equal to their salary ever.

I think, dear MBNA, you need to get some self-esteem and realize, "It's never gonna happen between us."

I will never (knock on wood) spend what you have made available to me. Maybe 2% of what you have made available to me. But never more than that.

Here is an article on self-esteem from iVillage. I hope you get something out of it.

Kind regards,
-The Missus

Comments

Popular Posts