Is The Breast Always Best?

Ummm....

Now, I understand that breastfeeding is the best option for your child when they are born up until about 6 months. (Bonding and nutrients... I get that.) But once the kid hits about 6 months, it's (in my opinion) time to cut that cord.

But, that's not what this blog entry is about. (Must steer back on topic.)

Okay... I understand that "the breast is best" when it comes to feeding your baby. (Though I can pretty much guarantee you that I won't do it if I ever have kids.) But I'm sorry, I am completely creeped out by this idea... Letting others BREASTFEED your baby?

Eww! Eww! Eww! Eww! Eww!

Eww!

Eww! Eww!

(Sorry. No offense to those who have done this.)

The big argument I hear FOR breastfeeding your child is the "bonding experience" you get with your child. So why on God's green Earth would you allow others to feed your kid that way?

Breast milk ain't "all that." Otherwise, there wouldn't be formula out there people.

Sure... I may be biased... Because I was a formula kid. And one could argue that I am just too independent a person. And that I need to learn how to be more dependent on others...

But I would NEVER want my kid that dependent on someone other than me or the husband.

Eww!

Comments

Popular Posts