Observe A Ritual.

Today's card from the tool kit deck read "Observe a Ritual."

Some of the most fascinating rituals you will ever come across are likely the ones you have yourself.

I never realized before, but I have some "odd" rituals. For example:

  1. When I eat Skittles, I have to divide them up by color. The, once they are divvied up by color, I line them up two-by-two in a natural color-flow of a rainbow. So I start with the red ones. Followed by the orange. Then the yellow. Then the green. Finally the purples. If there are any "spares" of a color, I set those aside. I eat the purples ones first. Then the green. Then the yellow. Next the orange. Finally the red. You may think I am eating them in this fashion because of their color-order... But you'd be wrong. I eat them in order of my least favorite to my favorite. And I put two in my mouth at a time -- which is why I line them up two-by-two.
  2. I don't know if this one is really a ritual... Or just an observation... But, I have to pee often. Anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes after I drink a significant amount of liquid (like 6 ounces or more), I have to pee. And it's really tough... Because a Bikram yoga class is 90 minutes long. So I try real hard not to drink too much during the class. (Which you shouldn't do anyways.) But I often worry that people here at work are going to notice that I pee a lot and start thinking I have a cocaine problem, like Britney Spears, with all my frequent bathroom trips.
  3. I only eat the chocolate and strawberry sections of Neapolitan ice cream. I throw out the vanilla. Also, whenever I but Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Daaz, I eat the candy or mixed-in bits of the ice cream... Then I eat the ice cream. I dig through containers looking for nuts and fudge fish.
  4. Each morning, I make four cups worth of coffee (measured by the side of the coffee pot); but only drink about two cups worth; if that. I sometimes think I only drink coffee to warm my hands from being cold all the time. Plus, I like the coconut-flavored creamer I put in my coffee.
  5. I put my pants on starting with my right leg. This may not seem odd... But I am right-handed. And most people who are right-handed start with their left legs. I also tumble (gymnastics) leading with my left leg. I stir pots with my left hand. And I only use my right ear to talk on the phone (something usually only lefties do.)
  6. I only chew gum for about 20 seconds. Then I spit it out and put in a new piece. This ritual annoys my husband. But really now, everyone knows gum loses it's "punch" after about 15 seconds. So what's the point in keeping chewing?

Thar's all I can conjure for now. If I notice anything else that is a weird ritual, I'll add it to the list.

Comments

Popular Posts