I Love John.

John Prine, that is...

I don't know what it is lately... But am I trying to go "country" or something????

Sweet lord! I must be finally coming around to everything country that I desperately rebelled against as a youth.

A fellow co-worker of mine let me borrow a whole slew of music to download onto my Mac here at work. He had some good stuff too.... Cowboy Junkies, Green Day, Emmylou Harris, Lucinda Williams, The Smiths... and a lot more. Including a new (actually old) artist I had never heard of named John Prine.

John Prine is LEGIT country music.

"He's a storyteller," my co-worker said.

And boy IS he. And that is what real country music is about. Check out the lyrics to my favorite song of his right now, called "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore":

While digesting Reader's Digest
In the back of a dirty book store,
A plastic flag, with gum on the back,
Fell out on the floor.
Well, I picked it up and I ran outside
Slapped on my window shield,
And if I could see old Betsy Ross
I tell her how good I feel.

Chorus:
But your flag decal won't get you
Into Heaven any more.
They're already overcrowded
From your dirty little war.
Now Jesus don't like killin'
No matter what the reason's for,
And your flag decal won't get you

Into Heaven any more.

I need to get this stuff burned onto my iPod. Thanks Action Bob Markle!

Comments

Anonymous said…
YOU JUST ADMITTED YOU LIKE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!

I AM SO PROUD!

Popular Posts