Stalker or Mere Gawker?

I got an IM a few minutes ago from a work colleague who sits a few seats away from me...

"You have a stalker."

I laughed, because it's kinda true.

At work, my team sits near another team we don't interact with... Meaning we don't do any work together. So we really don't talk to each other.

During the second week I was here, I began noticing one of the guys who sits down the way walk past my desk and look at me each time he does. At first, I thought he was just being friendly to us new people. I assumed he was looking at me and the two guys I work with. So I would smile sometimes when he walked by.

Then, by the end of the second week, I noticed he wasn't letting up. And he kept staring right at me when he walked by.

Well, now one of my co-workers has noticed too. And thus the IM I got.

The "stalker/gawker" wears various "Cliff Huxtable" sweaters every day. He's in his 30s. He's got a ponytail and wears glasses. He also wears a baseball cap turned backwards on his head.

My colleague said he was a mixture of "Cliff Huxtable and John Fogerty."

"Down on the corner...
Pudding Pop in my hand...
Theo can't borrow the car.
Denise is on restriction...
For borrowing Claire's earring without permission..."

To be fair, the guy is nice. And I didn't want to admit that he was staring at me when he walked by... (Trying not to feed the ego here.) But, when a colleague mentions it without solicitation on my part, you know there's some merit to what you weren't trying to think about.

Oh the things you notice at work when your mind begins to wonder!

Comments

Popular Posts