Create A Conflict.

Today's card from the writing tool kit read "Create A Conflict." Here I go...

I'm a girl. (Sorry, I am about to generalize.) I like girly things. You know... Shoes (duh!), jeans that play up your curves, chick-lit, fashion magazines, chocolate, Orlando Bloom, overly-sweet coffee drinks.. you get the general idea.

But no where in there do you see "sports." Problem is, I work with all guys. All guys who are really into sports. And the product we work on and write for at my company is more in-line with people who spend their spare time reading about sports than someone who spends their time reading gossip online and day-dreaming about shoes.

Don't get me wrong. I still excited about my job. But I think that I will have to dig deeply to find my "inner male" in order to really get the copy I create just right.

Or, I could try and get pregnant with a boy and have a tiny penis growing inside me. Maybe that would do it? (I don't think I'd do well with a male child though.)

Either way, this is my first conflict with this job. And it is non-negotiable. I must get in touch with my inner male. Some how.

Comments

Popular Posts