Acupuncture: Success?

Tonight was my third consecutive weekly acupuncture session. My acupuncturist noticed more things about my body that have changed since two weeks ago.

At the start of each session, she sits me down and consults with me. She asks me lots of questions while she takes notes... Like...

  • How much coffee/water did you drink this week? More or less than last week?
  • How often do you pee?
  • Is your body staying warm despite the cold weather outside?
  • What has your energy been like?
  • How are your dreams?

Then she looks at my tongue and takes my pulse.

So, in the past week I have noticed the following about my body (some of which I have already written about on this blog):
  1. I sleep through the night. I don't have to get up in the middle of the night to pee. (I used to get up twice a night to go.)
  2. My dreams are more vivid. (Egg and dolphin?)
  3. My appetite has dropped off. (I have to watch this one. You don't want to go below 1600 calories at the minimum. If I don't force myself to eat, I only take in about 1300. Yikes!)
  4. My clothes are looser. (I am really attributing this to the yoga. But a little to the pin pricks.)
  5. Very little coffee needed. I'm down to a half a cup. (What the hell?)
  6. I'm very relaxed. I don't cry at the drop of a hat. (My old boss, NM, would be impressed.)
  7. I also don't get angry as easy. I used to get frustrated very easily, and keep it in. Now I don't worry about it. Things are what they are. No need to fear or get upset about anything.
I am taking next week off from the acupuncture. I will start going once every two weeks now, till I am completely healthy to my satisfaction.

Comments

Me said…
oh yeah... I forgot to add... My tongue isn't as red and my pulse has slowed down. Those are things the acupuncturist noticed.

Popular Posts