Christ Died On A Cross For You. The Least You Could Do Is Behave Like A Three Year Old.

I was over at Boston.com reading this article about a Boston family that was kicked off airplane because of the behavior of their three year old child.

I had only read the lead of the article when I thought, "Yeah, the airline did the right thing. Parents need to learn how to control their children better. My parents used to travel with four kids internationally, and we all behaved on planes."

But as I read further into the article, I actually became shocked by the actions of the flight attendants in dealing with the situation.

First of all, the parents had to buy a seat for the child that wasn't in their row. The child's seat was in the row in front of them.

Now, I have actually seen this happen on flights on other airlines as well. Parents traveling with children don't actually get put in the same row as their children. It's even more difficult when it's just one parent flying with the child. I saw one young girl (about the age of 6) and her mother forced to sit four rows apart on opposite sides of the plane. Fortunately, a kind passenger agreed to switch seats with the mother. The volunteer took the mother's seat (a middle row seat) while the mother was sat on an aisle seat next to her daughter's middle seat.

I was astonished that airlines would assign seats like this. Now, I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose. The mother probably checked in on the late side and was forced to take the seats that were left. This is why they should just assign seats when you buy the tickets in all circumstances. That way families can ensure they will be sat together.

Another thing that bothered me about the Boston incident was that the flight attendants and flight crew didn't give the parents the chance to calm the child down. Some children are not good travelers. And the kid was probably scared to death. I've seen airlines delay take offs for no reason. They could have given this kid 10 minutes to ensure a quiet and calm flight for the rest of the people on board.

It just goes back to customer service in the airline industry. It can definitely be "spotty" in places.

Makes me re-live my traveling experience to the Turks and Caicos last month. And yes, I still want to kick that b%tch's @ss.

Comments

Popular Posts