Why?

Why would you need this large a screen to watch TV?



Seriously, 108 inches? That's almost two of me (height-wise).

I actually don't understand the need for big TVs. I think 42 inches is the absolute maximum anyone needs. My husband and I have two TVs in our apartment. Both are about 32 inches (I think) and were built in the 1990s. We have not bought a new TV in this millenium. And we won't buy a new TV until we move to Toronto and buy a house in a few years.

Don't get me wrong, we watch a LOT of TV. We just don't have a need to watch it on a new model just yet. And when we do, it certainly won't be a gargantuan-sized TV. This is just ridiculous.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ummmm.....me - if I have $70k to splurge. Haha!

This is much more telling about the market though:

'A 103-inch plasma TV by Panasonic retails for $70,000. LG's 71-inch plasma costs about $15,000 -- an 80 percent price reduction from a year ago.'

An 80% price reduction in 12-months? That's crazy! Either it was overpriced to begin with or the technology costs are falling.

Besides - Halo 3 would look great on that thing! Hahahaha.....
Chris Wight said…
It's the same reason movie screens are so big, it's the immersive experience.

Would I want it for watching the news? While Bianca De LaGarza is smokin' hot, I don't need her twice life size. But a movies and videos games would be killer on something like that.
Me said…
I guess I am the odd one out. I don't always like extremes (except when it comes to bags and shoes.) I HATE watching movies on the obscenely large IMAX screens. And I don't play video games. I also don't care for surround sound outside the movie theater.

I just think the thing is extreme. And it totally screams of "I'm over compensating for my very, very 'short-comings.'"


Please don't ever buy one of those, guys. I don't want to think you have "short-comings" in the male self-esteem area.

Popular Posts