Where's My Appetite?

I seem to have lost it.

Seriously.

For the past few days, I haven't been very hungry. Normally, I wake up each morning, and the first things I want are a cup of coffee and something in my stomach. But this past week I hadn't really had a craving for either of those things. So I would jet off to work without eating.

Then, around 11:30am, I would feel a little hungry. So I would rush out to get something for lunch. I would bring my lunch back to my desk, but I could only get through part of it. I would chuck the rest out.

And at night, I would come home after yoga, shower and try to eat some dinner. But, again, I could only get through part of it. I would realize, at this point, that I hadn't eaten a whole lot during the day, so I would force myself to eat. And that's bad. You shouldn't force food into your body if you're not hungry.

This morning I woke up to a chill in my house. (I swear the heat is not working as it should.) I pulled on some socks, yoga pants and piled on layers of tops. I grabbed $20 from the husband's wallet (I haven't gone to the bank in a few days. Accidentally grabbed a Canadian $20 bill at first. Realized that wouldn't get me anything, and grabbed the right bill.) And then I headed out the door to the South End Buttery.

On Saturday mornings, my husband and I have a ritual. He sleeps in till about 10am. But at 7:30am, I run out and get bagels with bacon & scallion cream cheese from the "Buttery." I come home, have a cup of coffee and eat my bagel.

But this morning, I was craving water. I drank a few glasses of water before I ate or drank the coffee. Then I was only able to get through about half the bagel. And I realized I wouldn't be eating again till later today because of my noon yoga class. So I forced myself to eat the rest of my breakfast. And I still have half a cup of coffee left in my bowl.

I definitely want the acupuncture and yoga to heal and center my body. But I rather enjoy my Saturday morning ritual. I don't want it to mess with that. A bagel, cup of coffee and the Styles Section of the NY Times are what I need on Saturday mornings.

I need to find my appetite on Saturday mornings. It can stay lost most other times. But I want it on Saturday mornings.

Comments

Popular Posts