What's The Deal, Body?!?!?

Decided yesterday that I was going to listen to my body when it comes to my appetite. I am not going to force food into my body if I am not hungry. I know you're supposed to eat even if you're not hungry to keep your body balanced... But I just can't do that.

So it happened again this morning. I get up. I make about one and a half cups worth of coffee in the drip machine and I pour myself a bowl of cereal.

I was able to get through about half the bowl of cereal. My coffee cup is still 3/4 full. Hmm...

Yesterday, I tried to use up a lot of energy in order to stimulate my appetite. I walked the 25 minutes to yoga (in the freezing cold.) I took the 90 minutes of yoga in the 105 degree heat. I walked the 25 minutes back home afterwards; all sweaty and frozen.

Once I got home, I soaked in a salt bath to warm myself up. It took about 40 minutes. Then I piled clothes on and went out walking/shopping. It was so cold that I stopped off at Starbucks and picked up a sweet coffee drink. But it was more to warm my body. And I only got through about half of it before I tossed it. The cold had seeped into the drink and chilled it in no time.

I spent about an hour wandering around and shopping. Then I walked home and began making dinner. I poured myself a glass of wine (my landlord stopped by for a chat yesterday afternoon while I was at yoga. He brought us some wine. Don't you wish your landlord was that cool?) I got buzzed from a half a glass of the wine. (Haven't drank since New Year's Eve.)

I was beginning to turn "sloppy-buzzed" and decided to stop drinking so that I wouldn't mess up the enchiladas I was making for dinner. I managed to get dinner done quickly and without error. (I rarely make errors when cooking though. I am a great cook.) And I was actually hungry by the time we started eating. But I quickly got full. And had to stuff the rest of my dinner into my mouth. Ugh.

I felt icky. This is when I decided I wasn't going to force feed myself. Even if I haven't really eaten anything, I'm not going to make myself eat.

I was in bed and asleep by 9pm.

This is just weird.

Comments

Popular Posts