Bikram Yoga 30-Day Challenge Week One - Done

I've survived the first week of the challenge (the sequel) while maintaining a full-time jobbie.

Yay!

It was a rough first week. I started last Friday and class seven was last night's 5:30pm class in downtown. I'm still having a few problems with postures where I have to bend forward and put pressure on my stomach. But they are much easier to slowly move in to then they were a week ago.

So you can't stop progress!!!!

The one pose that is giving me (and has always given me) a rough time is the Dandayamana - JanuShirasana, the "Standing Head to Knee" pose.

The first part of the pose requires you to grab your foot and hold it at a 90-degree angle under your knee while bending forward.



When you are steady just holding your foot (which I have never been, yet), that is when you kick your foot out and hold your entire leg parallel to the floor. But it takes a lot of endurance and locking of your standing leg to stabilize yourself sturdy-enough to kick out.



My goal, by the end of this 30-day challenge is to be able to stay in the pose for the entire minute and kick out.

So week one is done. And I am excited to move into week two. Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts