30-Day Bikram Yoga Challenge (A Great Way to Ease Stress While Not Working... And Even If You Are Working.)

It begins tonight people!

For me anyways. This isn't a "sanctioned" 30-day Bikram yoga challenge. I don't think anyone else is doing a 30-day challenge in the class. But given the incredible flexibility (currently) of my new super-fantastic job, I am starting a second 30-day tonight at 5:30pm.

I had wanted to do another 30-day in January, but wasn't sure if I would be able to commit to it with the new job. But so far, it looks like it will be quite do-able. So why the hell not?

Now, those of you who are friends of mine have heard me go on and on about how wonderful Bikram yoga is and how much I enjoy it.

Back a few months ago, when I left my last job, I was worried that I would go insane. I had never not worked. And I was worried that I would sit at home and be incredibly depressed all day.

Well that didn't happen. And you know why? Because I got up off my bum and went to class every day. And all the bitterness and the disappointment I felt about my former job was eased a little because I wasn't wasting (as much) energy thinking about the place. I had yoga poses to focus on. In fact, a few of my instructors commented on how "in the zone" I seemed during my meditation.

So, as I begin this next round of the 30-day, I encourage others to give the Bikram a try. You will feel incredibly good after trying a class. (Brevitt, I'm talking to you specifically... And everyone else just generally.)

Comments

Popular Posts