The "Heart" Of Fashion.

What a fun evening I had last night!

A few days ago, I received an invitation to a non-profit event here in Boston. (And I was beyond flattered that I received it!) It was an invitation to the "Kick-Off Cocktail Party for Boston Fashion Weekend."

Boston Fashion Weekend is scheduled to be a four-day event in May of this year that will showcase local designers to let the rest of the world know that Bostonians aren't the conservative (i.e. "boring") dressers we sometimes get pegged as... And that there is, in fact, a whole wide array of cutting-edge local designers out here in this part of the country.

I got a sneak peek of some of the local designers last night; and boy were there GORGEOUS things to see. So just imagining a whole weekend in the Spring, getting to discover more local flavors, is something I can not wait for... And neither should you.

And, you should know, this isn't just about fashion. Proceeds from the Boston Fashion Weekend will go towards the American Heart Association; which is cause near and dear to some of the designers' hearts.

I will be including information about Boston Fashion Weekend in the coming months, as it becomes available. In the mean time, to learn more about heart disease and how you can get involved locally, visit the American Heart Association website.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi there,

I wanted to thank you for making your way out this week to see the sneak peak of what's to come in May at our BFW coctail kickoff! While I did not have a chance to meet you on Wednesday evening a friend told me you were there and gave me your contact information.

My name is Catherine Howe and I am the jewelry designer behind BEADIFUL. My jewelry was used to accessorie's both of my friend's clothing lines-Gail Schneider Designs and Nirva.

I should have my site www.BEADIFUL.biz updated in a few days and welcome you to stop by and poke around as I update it regularly with new products, events, and retailers.

Should you find yourself coming to any of the upcoming BEADIFUL events listed on my site please be sure to make it a poit to introduce yourself as I would love to have a chance to meet you in person!

PS I used to live in the South End too and loved it!

~Catherine

Popular Posts