S L O W D O W N: Happy Meal = Sad Meal.

This is what today's Tool Kit for Writer's card read on it. So here me goes...

I have an afternoon loaded with meetings and trainings today. It's a nice surprise because the last few days have been on the "quieter" side here at work. But because I have an afternoon loaded with meetings, I decided I should quickly pop out to get some lunch. And since I won't be able to eat for a few hours this afternoon, I needed something filling but not too filling. My choice for lunch today - McDonald's on Washington Street.

I haven't had McDonald's in probably seven or eight months. And I've been seeing those ads on TV lately that advertise that the Chicken McNuggets are (finally) made (without a doubt) REAL CHICKEN BITS. (Not just the left-over scraps of the chicken that they fuse together.)

Anyhoo... I went into McDonald's and placed my order...

"Happy Meal with McNuggets please!" I told the counter-guy.

Then I paid and waited for my Happy Meal. Once I had it, I dashed back to the office to enjoy my lunch before the round of meetings begin at 1pm. But when I sat down at my desk I got a horrible surprise...

Inside my Happy Meal was NOT the McNuggets I craved. It was a cheeseburger. And I'm not a big fan of cheeseburgers from McDonald's. I don't like how they make their burgers. (I prefer burgers from Burger King, which are grilled.)

Well, I was really, really disappointed. As you can imagine. I ate about 2/3 of the burger and all of the fries. I wasn't about to pile on my coat and scarf and dash back outside to make them fix the dilemma. It's too cold!

But now I know for next time (if there ever is a "next time") that I should relax, slow down and check my take-away order before I ever leave any restaurant to make sure it is correct.

Nothing sucks worse then getting the wrong meal. (Well, lots of things suck worse... But this sucks too.)

The only really "happy" thing about my Happy Meal was the toy I got inside.



It's a cute little bobble-head bird called "Red Macaw."

I get Happy Meals because I like the size of the portions that come in them. Not too big. No too little. Just right.

I guess my Happy Meal was kind of a "Sad" Meal.

Comments

Popular Posts