"Breath of Life" Yoga.

I have been frequenting Exhale for the past two years for various treatments.

First, there was the awesome pedicures from Laura. (She does simply elegant work.) Then there were the facials and waxes from Galina and Sarah. (They are meticulous!) And I tried a few Core Fusion classes. (Painful, but you know they are working.) And I have tried massages there occasionally. And of course, there's the wonderful Emily who does my acupuncture.

Well, after going there for two years now, I decided today to give the yoga classes a try. Specifically, the series called "PranaVayu"; which means "breath of life."

PranaVayu yoga was created by David Magone, who teaches it at both Exhale and Equinox. It's a challenging yoga for me because there are a lot of poses where you are putting pressure on your hands and wrists... Crow, Downward Dog, Upward Facing Dog... And I have weak wrists with the Ganglion cysts.

Nonetheless, it was a very relaxing yoga. And the room you practice in at Exhale is beautiful and peaceful. I recommend heading to either Equinox or Exhale to catch one of David's classes.

Though, I would never give up on my Bikram practice. That class is even more challenging. And it kicks your ass. PranaVayu, it's a great way to end or start a day peacefully. Bikram, it's a great way to end or start a day when you want a challenge.

Comments

Popular Posts