The Missus-isms.

Kind as the people in my work place are... They put together a list of "Missus-isms" since I am not in the office today.

Normally, in the office, I can be counted on (and to be honest, it's expected) to make statements that are somewhat shocking, but delivered with such panache (as one co-worker said) that they are funny.

Here is a list of some of these "isms." However, this is not a comprehensive list. It's really just some of my "greatest hits."

1. Can I work from home? (Said to boss every day.)
2. Good luck on your interview. (Said to boss whenever he says he is going to be late for work the next day.)
3. If you fire E, can I have her budget? (Said to boss, in front of my co-worker E.)
4. Can I fire E? (Said to boss in front of E.)
5. Harry Potter dies. (Said to boss, as he hasn't finished reading the last HP book yet.)
6. Harry Potter is gay. (Same as above.)
7. Babies are lazy and boring. (Said to everyone in the office, whenever someone talks about their new baby.)
8. If you don’t add us back into the Yahoo engine I’m going to kill your puppy. (This is my threat to Yahoo! for telling us we are SPAM-ing their engine... Which we are NOT!)
9. I’ll be late tomorrow morning because of my job interview (Said to boss whenever I will be in late.)
10. Wow, so I guess your kids aren’t that bright? (I don't recall when I have said this one. But I totally think it all the time about people and their children.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
ha ha ha ha ha love this post...i can see you saying all of these things :-)

hmm...i also have a few missus-isms that i think i could add...

*Read my blog.
*Should I buy this ____ {insert husband's name here} --please note this is actually asked to a bobble head version of the missus' husband --who as a bobble head can only say yes

awww flash backs of life w/ the missus...tear!

Popular Posts