Shave Your Legs Closely Every Day Girls.

That is my advice to the women out there. You never know when you will find your self in a compromising position and really wish you had shaved your legs more closely. Like me and today...

Because I have been going on a variety of health check-ups in the past two weeks, I have had a Tetanus shot, a needle stuck in my wrist to attempt to drain a Ganglion cyst (you were so right on what it was Wight-y!), a battery of blood tests, and I have repeatedly found my self in compromising positions while getting poked and prodded for a more in-depth look inside. (Ahh!)

I am healthy. Very healthy, in fact. But in the "compromising positions" I have had to endure with doctors, today's was the one time I wished I had shaved my legs more closely. But because I have been to the doctor's so much lately, I only haphazardly took a razor to my legs last night. Because, I thought, "The Husband is out of town and he's the only one who would really appreciate smooth legs on me."

But I was wrong. So wrong.

Today's test was conducted by two male doctors. And they weren't the stodgy, old male doctors you usually get stuck with. Nope. These were two rather young (mid-30s) blonde cherub-like doctors. Both were good looking and married. But still, when you find yourself in the presence of attractive people while hanging around in an x-ray lab in a mere few fibers of a hospital dressing gown and nothing else... You suddenly become painfully aware of all your flaws that could be exposed at that very moment.

I found myself thinking the following:

"I should have re-touched my make-up."

"Why did I not re-do my pedicure?"

"Are the bottoms of my feet dirty from wearing nothing but flip flops this week?"

"Is that a trail of small stubble that I missed on my calf?"

Don't get me wrong, please... I was not trying to flirt with the doctors. This was not the time, place or test to be flirting with someone even if I wasn't married. But when you have to get in to an intimate space with someone, such as at a medical exam, you feel that they may be judging you... Even if you would normally reason that it's all "medical" and there's nothing to be judged.

I for one, always worry, whether my doctor is male or female, if they are secretly criticizing my body.

I know this is crazy. But from now on, no matter what kind of doctor's appointment I have... I will always carefully shave my legs. Even if I have an old male, stodgy doctor. It's just the way it has to be from now on.

Comments

Popular Posts