Vacation Days.

I work at a company where I get about 22 vacation days a year. So far, I've only used about four... Three for my vacation in May and one back in April (for the birthday). So this means I still have 18 left to take before the end of this year, because my company has a very strict "use it or lose it" policy. No rolling over days.

So, even though I have about four trips I plan to take towards the end of this year, I still won't get through all my time. So I decided to take the 20th of July off. And this was the email I sent to my boss requesting the time...

Can I take that Friday (July 20th) off? It’s the day before "Harry Potter Day." And I wanted to sleep in that day so that I could stay up late that night and read the new book all through the night.

He responded to me that it was the oddest reason any one had ever given for requesting a day off, but that he knew I was "dead serious."

We then chatted (since he sits right next to me) about how he will be out of town that weekend and won't get his copy of "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" until he comes back. And even then, it will take him some time to read through all the pages.

I told him, "Don't worry. I'll totally come in that Monday and tell you how it ends."

He asked, kindly, that I not do that.

And I guess this is where I should let you all know that if you DON'T want to know how the Harry Potter series ends before you get to finish reading it, then you should probably not read my blog on July 21st around 3pm.

Because I will write about it. And I will spoil it for you. But I will give you fair warning before you read my thoughts on it.

I am so excited though. Only 2.5 weeks left!!!!!

Comments

kikibibi said…
I found your blog via your profileon LinkedIn and I LOVE it! You are such a fun writer!

I love HP too - but am in the closet. Need to buy two copies "for my kids," make them share one copy and I get the other, for the first 12 hours at least.

Popular Posts