Labor-ing in NYC.

I decided to skip the idea of going back to Rome by myself for Labor Day. Prices weren't ideal... And I'm not ready to travel abroad by myself just yet. (Maybe next Spring?)

So instead, I decided I will go back to my beloved NYC for Labor Day weekend. I've booked a cheap flight and hotel. And best of all, I'll be staying at the W! Which is one of my favorite hotels in Midtown.

The first vacation I ever took was to NYC for New Year's Eve, 1999/New Year's Day 2000. I stayed with a friend from university in Brooklyn. It was a blast! Four months later, I made a return trip and ended up being offered a job while I was there. Three weeks later I was living in the city. It was the best thing I ever did for myself.

Well, I have only been to NYC a handful of times since moving from there four years ago. I haven't been able to go back much, because it breaks y heart to go back. Each time I have gone back, I've wanted to stay.

But I think I am ready to go back, and on my own for a solo trip. I plan to hit the Bikram studios there. Oh! And of course all the kick ass shopping. (A real Barney's Co-Op!)

One of things I am looking forward to most is visiting the world's best cafe, Via Quadronno, on the Upper East Side. Right next door to the old townhouse I worked in for the Evil Empire at 73rd and Madison, this is the best place to get a cappuccino outside of Rome.

So in a way, I'm kind of fulfilling my "Rome" intentions of getting a legitimate cappuccino in the morning.

I will plan a more thorough agenda in the weeks to come... But I am very much looking forward to my trip.

Comments

Popular Posts