Them's The Breaks.

Wouldn't you know it... Right when I finally accept the position for the freelance editorial opportunity, I get this from my contact in NYC...

I have just been notified that we are doing some downsizing here at ******* while we take time to re-evaluate our site and decide on new business ventures. It is with sadness, we are indefinitely ending our new local content in all cities except NYC. As our Editor, your duties will end on August 1st. (Which was the day I was supposed to start.) Our traffic has not been strong and we have decided to cease content until we decide on a better plan in marketing and editorial for our site. I do hope we will pick up with our other cities in the near future, and when we do, I will certainly contact you about new opportunities.

At least I didn't do any additional work for them. But that's the freelancer's life. No worries. I think my blog actually has more traffic than them. And I will certainly be doing similar content entries on this blog that I was going to do for the guide.

And that's what it's all about... Content.

Comments

Popular Posts