Coconut Water - Eww!

Now, I wrote a while back about how I loved the Zico coconut waters I get at the Bikram studio I practice at.

Well, while shopping the other day at Whole Foods, I discovered another brand of coconut water that I hadn't tried called Vita Coco. I picked up the "pineapple and coconut" flavor, and brought
it in to work with me today.

All I can say is "Eww!"

This is what I saw when I opened the container...


Yep! That's a nice sludge of some kind of fermented goodness right along the opening. Yuck!

I won't be trying this brand again. I'll definitely be sticking with my Zico brand.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Interesting photo. Since Zico doesn't add any sugar and its flavored varieties get their flavors from flower essences, you won't find that grim.

Additionally, for you cooks out there, you can substitute Zico for nearly any recipe that calls for water to add a mildly sweet, unique flavor. It was the hit of the weekend at this year’s Cook Eat Drink Live event in Manhattan. Cook Franklin Becker of Brasserie called it “the find of the weekend” at the gourmet food event.

Zico Pure Coconut Water’s naturally high potassium content makes it the perfect addition to mixed drinks because it adds a mildly sweet flavor and helps to fight hang-overs.

Namaste,
John R. Ferrell
Zico Operations Manager

Popular Posts