Not An Alli.

My friend Greten wrote about Alli on his "Horrible Product Friday" installment last week.

Alli, as I learned by reading Greten's posting, is an over-the-counter pill you can take to prevent your body from absorbing excessive fat. And the side effects, well, all I can say is "Eww!"

Since reading Greten's blog, I started seeing ads for the pill everywhere... In magazines mostly. then on my walk to work today, I saw this in the window of the GNC on Washington Street:


Right in my work neighborhood, I can get this fine product.

Um... No thanks!

Seriously, I am all about making sure your body is working properly. And when it comes to "weight management," having proper digestion is probably a good thing. But I would rather go do another session of hydrotherapy then take a pill and be sick all day.

And I love, as Greten points out, that one of the recommendations for taking Alli is to "wear dark clothing."
You may feel an urgent need to go to the bathroom. Until you have a sense of any treatment effects, it's probably a smart idea to wear dark pants, and bring a change of clothes with you to work.

Comments

Popular Posts