Fall Fashion: It's All About The Bootie.

No... Not your bum! (Though, I have to take a moment and give "props" to Devon, my trainer at Equinox. My glutes have been aching for the past two weeks because of her forced lunges, squats and step-ups.)

This Fall, one of the major "must-haves" being pushed on us style-hounds is the bootie. (They're not just for babies anymore!) Booties are ankle-high boots, like this pair from Stella McCartney's collection...


I love the look, but one thing you should keep in mind if you subscribe to this look:

You simply must have lean calves and ankles!

If your calves and ankles are even slightly chunky, this look is going to be bad for you. Booties will cut you off right at the most unflattering point on your body. So really think about it before you plunk down your next bonus on a pair.

As for me, if I want to go with this look, Devon will need to hook me up with some calf-slenderizing exercises. My ankles are small, but I am still self-conscious of my calves.

Comments

Popular Posts