Bikram Yoga Challenge: 35/60.

Today will henceforth be known as the "HOLY SHIT Locust Pose Day!"

Why?

Because I got my feet way high up today. Because today I understood what it meant when the teacher said, "You're elbows will hurt" when doing the pose. Because today I didn't puke a little into my mouth while doing the posture.

Yesterday, my Locust Pose was shit. Pure shit. I was maybe a few inches off the ground. Today, I couldn't feel the energy of the ground under my feet, calves or lower thighs. I would swear to you that I was a good 14 inches off the ground. And afterward, my elbows hurt so much. So... Much...

Not bad for nearly five years of practice!!!

And I had the tough teacher today too! The one who is (unknowingly) prepping me for Teacher Training in the Fall, as he likes to torture me with the length the poses are held. My thighs are killing after his Awkward series.

Twenty-five days left in the challenge!

Comments

Duffy Pratt said…
Congratulations. Locust works that way. One day you can measure the distance from the floor can be measured in millimeters, and then all of a sudden, you jump up a foot or two. I'm not sure what it is. When it happened to me, I was so shocked that I immediately fell out of the pose.
Melissa said…
I hurt my elbow in locust pose about a month ago, and now I can't do anything. It really sucks. And I had finally figured out the pose, too and was kicking its butt.

I attended a seminar in KC with Rajashree two weeks ago, and I'm sure everyone thought I was a wimp poses I had to use my left arm in.

Ugh. I'm taking a hiatus.

Anyways, nice blog... I've been reading for a while!

Melissa
melissapabst at gmail.com

Popular Posts