Healthy Dish For The Weak: Garden Zucchini Saute.

While at our friends' house in Port Stanley, Ontario this weekend, I got to pilfer my friend S's backyard garden. She generously gave me two MONSTER zucchinis from her over-flowing garden...



These suckers are so big! She uses some amazing fertilizer, which is how they got so big. And I leave for Arizona on Friday morning, so The Husband and I will be having this summer veggie every night for supper. Tonight, I decided to make a saute...



That's half of one of the zucchinis, fresh corn that I scraped off two cobs, one clove of minced garlic and a quarter of a chopped onion. It's going to be thrown over some pasta and paired with a roasted chicken.

Comments

Sarah S said…
That sounds amazing. I might have to copy it, although I don't think E would be game.
thedancingj said…
Yum! Last time I had a HUGE zucchini, I cut it in half and stuffed it with the savory rice/bean/veggie combo that I made up. It was good and very pretty!

There's also ZUCCHINI BREAD amazing, but that's not really a summer food, in my opinion.
Me said…
Sarah, can't believe he won't eat them... They are the most versatile veggie. And they taste very neutral. Bummer!

J... I agree with you on the zucchini bread. More of a Fall treat... The rice and beans thing though... That sounds good. Hmm...
Kimberley said…
I always ask you the dumbest food prep questions (i.e. how to cut an avocado), so here's another...how do you scrape corn off the cob? Do you cook it first? Do you just use a knife and run it down the cob? Is there an art to it?
Me said…
That's not a dumb question... It's raw and easy to cut... So I just hold it vertical and run a knife down the sides. The corn just falls off.

Popular Posts