Vegas, Anyone?

Well... The rumor turned out to be true.

I heard a few weeks back that Bikram was maybe going to move the Fall session of Teacher Training from Palm Springs to Las Vegas. And if he did, this would mean that the dates for Fall Teacher Training may be changed again.

Originally, we were set to go to training from early September through early November. That would have been difficult for me... As I am moving into a new place in early August, and then would be taking off for two months without really getting settled. But then, from my understanding, the hotel in Palm Springs changed the dates for Teacher Training... And it was pushed back to start six weeks later. Mid-October through Mid-December.

This worked well for me. It would give me more time to settle into my new place and commit to some things in early October that I wasn't able to before with the old dates.

Well, now the dates for Teacher Training have changed again... Along with the location. And these dates do not work for me. Training now begins October 4th and runs through early November.

As much fun as it would be to go to Vegas for 9 weeks, it is looking like I will 99% NOT be going to Teacher Training this Fall.

(Pause for "boos".)

It's not just that I can't un-commit myself from the stuff in early October. I also am having a problem with financing. With the new house we bought (yes... I know... I haven't written about the house... But I was waiting till we got closer to the closing date!), a few unexpected expenses have come up. And the money I had saved for Teacher Training is needed for these expenses.

So, in order to go to Teacher Training, I would have to put it on my American Express card.

And even though I would LOVE collecting all the SkyMiles points on the $10k+ it would cost me for Teacher Training... I can NOT reason with myself paying an 18% interest rate on that amount.

I flat-out refuse to use a credit card to pay for training. I used a credit card to finance my move to NYC 10 years ago... And it took me five years to pay that off. I will not do it again.

So... Since the dates don't work and it is looking like I won't have the cash to pay for training, I am taking this as a sign that this is not the time to be going.

I will now be working hard to raise the cash for Spring training, and hoping that the wedding I am in next June will not conflict with the dates for then. Otherwise... Fall 2010 training it is!!!!