Healthy Dish For The Weak: Avocado Salad.

I am trying to detox for a few days. I am, despite daily Bikram classes, downing the mochachinnos left and right. As well as tacos. And I think these are affecting my practice.

So, today, instead of my coffee drink, I started with this...



It's a juice made of carrots, spinach, celery and parsley. And despite being all veggie, it was delicious. It tasted mostly of carrot. It was very good.

Then, for lunch, I went with a gentle chopped avocado salad...



That's a plum tomato and a few leaves of romaine lettuce, a squeeze of lemon and a WHOLE avocado.

Indulgent? Perhaps. But I love avocado. It is a good fat, loaded with potassium, dietary fiber and folate. The salad comes in under 400 calories. And it is delicious.

Comments

Cdnmortgage said…
avocados are amazing! They are a great food. My daughter has had one every day since she was about 8-9 mths old.

Popular Posts