Bikram Yoga Challenge: Day 60/60.

I am done.

DONE!

I now know what it is like to do 60 consecutive days of Bikram yoga. And as much as I would like to go another straight 40 days, making it a full 100 days, I won't. There are so many things I need to do in the next week that I will need some time off from practicing. In fact, the next time I know I will definitely be able to get into the studio will be next Friday.

That's a whole EIGHT days!!!!

But I think my body could use the rest for now. And my mind will be plenty busy... With a house closing, bridal dress shopping, a new job to dally with, painters to accommodate and many furniture deliveries. There are a great many things to do in the next few days.

But, now to cover what I gained from this 60-day challenge...
  • I lost, collectively, 9.5 inches from my body. Some from the bust, some from the waist, thighs, hips and calves. Today when I went to Anthropologie to try on a dress, I had to go down a size from what I normally wear. SQUEE! Hadn't realized I had toned up that much. And yes, I still have an ass... Just a much tighter one.
  • I have seen much progress in Eagle pose (wrapping both legs on both sides), Toe Stand (I can almost lift my hands off the floor - this is huge progress), Awkward (I can go all the way down and up in the third part without leaning orward - so good for those thighs!) and Locust pose.
  • My balance is far, far better than it ever has been. And my back appears to be much, much stronger.
  • I know that I can make it through back-to-back double sessions.
This was a tough challenge. Undeniably. And if I had been working a full-time job, I don't know that I could have gone a full 60 days. As it was, I had to pull a lot of doubles in the second half of my challenge... Because I went away on weekend trips. Doubles can take a lot out of you, especially when you do them back-to-back.

I feel good with my progress in the challenge. And I am now ready to move back into a regular practice, combined with a working life. I expect I will be able to maintain my progress. Fingers crossed!

Comments

cath said…
Congratulations on finishing 60 days! Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. You deserve a good long rest.
Frogger said…
AMAZING! Great job!
Congrats on finishing the 60 days! Such an incredible and inspiring accomplishment. :)
Catherine said…
Congradulations! Your journey has been an inspiration for me to try bikram out. If only I could find time to make it into my local studio...
Congratulations! I don't do Bikram, but it takes a ton of discipline and a high level of physical fitness to do 60 straight days of anything, much less a vigorous yoga practice in a heated room. I've actually enjoyed reading about your progress throughout your challenge - very inspiring! :)
Lindy B said…
WAHOO!!!! Misses - I must congratulate you on your 60 challenge. What a feat!! You should be incredibly proud of yourself - I enjoyed reading every bit of your experience. Thank you for sharing!
-LB
bikramyogachick said…
Wow! 60 days! Awesome! Congratulations....on that and on all the inches you lost. Now that has to feel great. All that hard work paid off.
thedancingj said…
What the HECK - did I seriously forget to come by and tell you congratulations on this one?!? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :) I guess I mighta said something on FB too, but it deserves to be said twice!

Popular Posts