Bikram Yoga Challenge: 50/60.

"That is an EFF-ing lie!"

That is what I wanted to scream at the teacher this afternoon when she blatantly lied to us...

"Balancing stick is only a 10-second posture," she tried to mislead us.

I know better, however. I know it is NOT a 10-second posture. Craig Villani told us so at his training session in Boston last Fall.

"Teacher will tell you this posture is only 10-seconds," he said. "That is a lie. It is longer than that."

But despite the lie and wanting to fall out of it, I stayed in Balancing Stick the whole time. But between this morning's class and this afternoon's class, my arms are so exhausted. I can barely hold them up at shoulder height now.

I believe an Epsom salt bath is needed, STAT!

Two classes tomorrow, again. Only 10 classes left to do between now and next Thursday.

Comments

Duffy Pratt said…
From Bikram's first book:

"Doesn't matter what you count, what matters is what I count. Ten does not exist until I say it."

So, yes, it is a ten second posture. But the whole idea of ten seconds is somewhat flexible. And yes, I've taken as many as five or six deep breaths during that 10 count, so I know exactly what you mean.
Me said…
LOL! Today, it felt like a full 60 seconds.
Yay! Congratulations on your accomplishment thus far. 50 is such an impressive number!

Reading about your progress (and the disappearing ass) has made me think I might actually enjoy Bikram. I think I will give the intro membership a go, but only when I know my schedule will be light enough for me to fit in a regular practice at the start.

Popular Posts