Healthy Dish For The Weak: Veggie-Chicken Soba Stirfry.

"We're gonna eat more veggies," I informed The Husband this weekend.

With me going away for two months later this year, I need to be diligent about making sure he is getting his daily veggies. If you left the man to fend for himself, he would exist on cereal bars, cereal and hot dogs.

He does eat at Subway Sandwiches quite a bit, which would provide him with some veggies. But not enough. So the plan is to get as many into him as possible between now and the time I leave.

So tonight, I made him eat something I promised him I would never make him eat... Broccoli.



But, as you can see, I made it in a stir-fried noodle dish and combined it with a few other veggies, as well as chicken. The chicken was marinated (all day) in grated ginger, Mirin and Tamari sauce. The soba noodles (made from buckwheat) took three minutes to boil. The chicken (sauteed first, alone) and the veggies (sauteed second, alone) took about 15 minutes to get done. But dinner was easy and quick. And everything mixed together covered up the nasty broccoli taste.

Hooray!

Those are the best healthy dishes. The ones that don't taste healthy.

Comments

Popular Posts