Bikram Yoga Challenge: 51/60 & 52/60.

For the second time this week, I walked all the way to the Bikram studio (a whole eight minutes away) and realized I had forgotten my clothes.

Well, I actually had remembered my clothes. But only one set. I forgot to pack a second set, as I was planning to pull a back-to-back today. I realized it as I was signing in for my first class...

"Shit!" I said to the front desk attendant and the two teachers standing there. "I forgot my second set of clothes for my second class!"

"You were gonna pull a double?" asked one of the teachers?

"Yeah," I confirmed. "And I hate wearing the same set in the second class because I worry I will smell funky and disturb the other people around me."

"That's okay," said the other teacher. "Just hop in the shower and rinse your clothes out. You'll be fine."

I hadn't even thought of that! And I so should have, seeing as that is what I do with my practice clothes when I travel and take classes at foreign studios.

It worked brilliantly. I had two great back-to-back classes today. The only problem I had was with compression postures. Every time I did them today, I felt like puking. But everything else was great.

Two more tomorrow. And then I head out to London, Ontario to visit friends for the weekend.

Comments

Cdnmortgage said…
Hope you enjoy our fair city this weekend! Lots of great stuff happening.
thedancingj said…
Yippee!! Personally, I consider back-to-back classes a great excuse to do less laundry. I always wear the same outfit. So lazy. I figure, once we're 15 minutes into class, I'm ALREADY gonna be drenched in sweat anyway, so what difference does it make?? But you know... I'm a scrub sometimes. ;)
Kayleigh said…
Hi Missus,

I have a question for you about eating on days when you do double bikram sessions.

I find it hard to work out on an empty stomach, but can't do a workout right after eating either. Do you find that's true with Bikram? How long before your sessions do you eat to be sure you have the energy to get through two sessions, but won't get stomach cramps either?
Oooooo, London. Have fun!!

Popular Posts