Bikram Yoga Challenge: 39/60, 40/60 & 41/60.

I have done a shit load of Bikram in the past 48 hours. It culminated this afternoon with my very first back-to-back session.

Yep. That's right. I not only did I pill a double today... But I did the back-to-back. One right after the other. The first ran from 4pm to 5:35pm. The second ran from 6pm to 7:35pm. Between classes I chugged a coconut water, re-filled my bottle with Emergen-C and water, showered, cleaned off my mat, changed into clean practice clothes and grabbed a fresh towel.

Even though I hydrated well before the sessions, drank electrolytes through both of them and had coconut water... I still felt knocked out after Pranayama in the second class.

"Oh my God!" I thought to myself. "My arms are about to fall the fuck off."

But a I continued to focus on my breathing. And I pulled off a better set of Standing Bow in the second class than I had in the first class. Overall, the second class was just as good as the first one. But it was painful in places. And I drank through my water much more quickly the second time around. By the time we were in Fixed Firm, I had none left.

Note: For future back-to-back sessions, bring an extra bottle of water to the second one.

Only 19 classes left! I had to double-up today because I will be in Niagara-On-the-Lake this weekend. I will have to double-up sometime next week to make up for the other class I will miss this weekend.

I don't know that I will be doing a back-to-back though.

Comments

bikram yoga dvd said…
nice.. i Think You will finished the 19 class left..

You will enjoy the class...
I've done plenty of doubles, but never a back to back. It's tough in the Boston studios, because you have zero down time in between to do all the things you did, i.e., drink a coconut water, refill the water bottle, put on clean clothes, etc. All those little things make such a difference.

But...maybe that's just in my head. It's all mental anyway, isn't it?? Regardless, congrats! :)
bikramyogachick said…
Back to backs are just tough for me. I always struggle with breathing and half moon the second class (I share your "my arms are about to fall the fuck off" feelings).
I've only done 4 back to backs total over two years. I wonder if they get easier?
Good luck you are doing awesome!

Popular Posts