Honey For Acne Treatment.

Up until I turned 27 (and got married), I had clear skin. Soft, lovely, clear skin. But once I had the ring on my finger, my hormones went crazy and my skin started to break out.

Ugh! Adult acne!

I guess my body figured that since I had found a guy to partner with for life, it no longer needed to be clear. So them came about five years of various treatments to get rid of it...
  • Regular facials
  • Acupuncture
  • Birth control pills
  • Various products (Pro Activ, peels, over-the-counter stuff)
Nothing worked well. Then, about two months ago, I saw an episode of the Martha show. And on it were recommendations for herbal treatments. One of the treatments was honey, and it was used for healing cuts and scrapes. It draws the impurities in the area up, healing it much more quickly.

"I wonder if that would work on acne?" I asked myself.

Off to the Google I went... Typing in "honey for acne." And I found that many people use honey to treat acne. And not just by eating it.

One recommendation was to apply a tablespoon of honey directly to your skin, and letting it sit there for about 15 minutes. Then you rinse it off, and your skin will be soft.

The next recommendation I liked was to mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon...



You then dab this mixture onto your spots each night before bed.

From what I have experienced by using these two techniques for the past month, I am of the opinion that they work very well for my skin. Very well.

My skin is in much better shape than it has been in a long time. And this is with me doing hot yoga every day on sweaty-wet yoga mats and towels.

Amazing!

A nice all-natural remedy for my acne!

Comments

amandadawn said…
I think I may try this one! Thanks!
Bayjb said…
Wow I have never heard of this remedy before. Good to know!

New URL: http://www.myeverydayadventures.com
bikramyogachick said…
that is awesome! Thank you for sharing. My 15 year old daughter battles acne and I'm going to try this with her. Thank you!
Anonymous said…
I had occasional breakouts and spent hundreds on regular facials as well. The only thing that worked was seeing a dermatologist.

Retin-A Micro is a godsend@! I've been using it since I hit 30 and my acne has vanished, I'm keeping wrinkles at bay and my pores are smaller. Definitely worth the prescription.

My derma also prescribed Aqua Glycolic facial cleanser which is available on amazon.

Acne is a medical condition and if its severe enough it can definitely affect quality of life even if you're healthy and fit.
Cara said…
Do you do this everynight or only when there is a break out? Old fashioned tooth paste (not the gel kind) works well for me, but I would love to try some more whole and organic!! Thanks for the tip!
Cara

www.cararoo.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
I feel better using natural products rather than pricey chemicals. I'll be trying this remedy out. Since I turned 30 a couple of years ago, my skin has been behaving oddly. I've used Tea Tree Oil for spot treatments and it works, but can be drying, so use sparingly.

Popular Posts