How To Keep Your Bra Straps From Falling.

"Today is all about upper body exhaustion!" proclaimed The Trainer at 5:35am today.

"Oh really?" I asked. Then, thinking, "This is gonna suck."

And you know what? It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Before getting into the upper body, he had me exhaust my legs with weighted squats (with 50 pounds of weight), step-ups (with 30 pounds of weight) and one-legged lunge-dips. We calculated that it took me 2 minutes and 56 seconds to get through one round of the three exercises. And then I would get about a minute's rest.

Then came the hard part of the workout...

I had to sit in an up-right row machine, and row 90 pounds of weight. That was 45 pounds for each arm. Then I had to do 10 push-ups on a very small incline. And there was no rest in between. I had to do three sets each, with no rest in between.

Then we moved to the free weight area, and I had to press up 15 pounds in each arm on an incline... Followed by 10 bent-over rows. But my arms were exhausted. So the press-ups were tough.

Next, he gave me a 15-pound bar, and I had to lift it from my waist to my shoulders, with my arms straight. Then I had a 10 pound weight in each hand, and I had to lift my arms up laterally on the sides. THESE were very tough.

Then we did some various press-outs and more rows on a machine. And next came some triceps pull-downs and some biceps curls. We finished with some ab work.

All this in 50 minutes!

My arms and back are gonna be so sore tomorrow. And I still can't get over the fact that I rowed 90 pounds. No wonder my bra straps don't slide off my shoulders anymore... (A problem I had suffered with for about 7 years!)

My training has really started to build and tone out my shoulders and back.

Comments

How you are able to do all of this at 5:30am, and then remember it, is a mystery to me. Good for you for being so productive!

Popular Posts