Wedding Vows...

The Husband and I were talking after dinner tonight (which is rare, because everyone knows married people don't "talk") about stuff... And that "stuff" lead to us talking about our wedding vows...

"Hey," says I, "Wouldn't it be cool if we could go back and time and recite these words to each other at our wedding?"

"Yeah," says he, "I guess it would be funny."

(Clearly, he was trying to amuse me.)

The words I said I would recite to him were:
Thank you for being a friend.
Traveled down the road and back again.
Your heart is true, you're a pal and a confidant.

And if you threw a party, and invited everyone you knew...
You would see the biggest gift was from me, and the card attached would say, "Thank you for being a friend."

And the words he would recite to me would be:
Maybe the world is blind, or just a little unkind.
Don't know.
Seems you can't be sure, of anything anymore... Although...
You maybe lonely and then, one day you're smiling again.
Every time I turn around, I see the girl who turns my world around.
Standing there, every time I turn around.
Her spirit's lifting me right off the ground.
What's gonna be? Guess we'll just wait and see.

Hee... Hee... We're such 80s nerds.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I "heart" you! Punky Brewster theme song! I thought I was the only one who went around humming that.
Vanessa said…
I think it's a beautiful sentiment. Umm, one thing, I thought your's was the theme song from Golden Girls?
Me said…
I loved Punky Brewster.. that's why he would recite those words to me.

And The Husband is a super-huge fan of Golden Girls... Which is why I would recite that theme song to him.

Popular Posts