The Marliave.

I had a double treat today...

I got to try a reopened restaurant twice today... The Marliave on Bosworth Street.

First, I went at lunch time for a work do. Then, Frogger, Bail and I went for cocktails and nibbles after work. We had pizza, Welsh rarebit and a yummy bottle of wine. Bail even had a gorgeous Sapphire martini, which the Marliave calls "The FDR."



So pretty! And apparently very tasty too.

I was surprised by how quiet the joint was, seeing as it was a Thursday night... And everyone knows that is the night you go out for cocktails with co-workers and friends. But perhaps it's because the joint is on a hidden street... And because it has been closed for so long...

I imagine it won't be as quiest as it was tonight for very long. It's a nice hidden gem. It has a great cocktail menu and a very good wine list.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i have always wondered about this place...glad to know it is open and a good spot for afterwork drinks!
Me said…
Oh yes! It was lovely! So quiet. Great drink menu.

Popular Posts