Fridays Are For Ass-Kicking.

I had my first boxing session this morning. It went well, and The Trainer and I decided that Fridays would be for boxing.

He taught me the basic punches... Hook, uppercut, jab... As well as the foot movements and stance. Them I began pretending I was Sydney Bristow and began kicking the punching bag... So he decided to show me how to properly kick.

Then we did combinations and a speed round... All while listening to my boxing soundtrack. It was a sweaty workout. And I burned through 400 calories in less than an hour.

"Once we begin to pick up the pace," he said, "you'll burn through 600 or so."

That's almost as many as a burn through in one session of Bikram yoga (about 700 calories on average.)

I really enjoyed the boxing though... And I can't wait to get back to it next week.

Comments

Popular Posts