Wednesday Lunch: Too Many Pizzas.

So, last week began a new era in my office...

The era of the marketing team (specifically, yours truly) planning the Wednesday lunches.

For the past odd number of months, another team in the office has been planning and ordering the Wednesday lunches. And they did a great job. They took special orders for sandwiches, ordered nice pizzas, wraps and even did Chinese food once. They took polls and really cared about whether or not people were enjoying a particular lunch vendor.

It was a nice era. But that era has ended. Now it's the era of the marketing team, and I don't really give a shite whether or not people have super-duper preferences for certain foods.

Now, I am not trying to be bitch. I certainly want people to be happy with the lunch they get on Wednesdays. But, I am hoping they remember that it is free. And it's a nice perk the company offers to us. So we can't complain about it at all.

When I was originally handed this duty last week, I plotted to use my budget and go pick up Taco Bell for the office. But too many people complained, and I backed out of that plan.

"Fuck it!" I said. "I'm just gonna do pizza. And if people don't like it, they don't have to eat it."

"Right on!" said one other person, in agreement.

So this week, I was careful with my budget and ordered pizzas from around the corner. I ordered 11 pizzas. Each with one topping. I came in under budget. Things were good.

But...

I ordered waaaay too much pizza.

I figured people would eat two slices each. But I think most people only ate one. And we had four full size and two half-eaten pizzas left at the end of lunch. By the end of the day, I was begging people to take home pizzas for dinner. A few people actually did.

So now I know for next week: Only order 7 pizzas, not 11.

Comments

Unknown said…
um...give me a box?

Popular Posts