I Know What That Burning Sensation Is Now...

The one that is in the back of my throat and in my upper chest and stomach. The one that I experience whenever I do yoga...

The one I feel strongly in standing-head-to-knee pose when I have to shove my knee into my chest...

The one I feel harshly rabbit pose and standing separate-leg-stretching pose...

It's acid reflux.

One of the instructors mentioned it a few weeks back when they saw me struggling with what are relatively gentle postures. They mentioned it during class, and I wasn't exactly sure if the comment was directed towards me, but they said, "This helps cure that acid reflux that you are feeling."

But it wasn't until this afternoon's class that I finally got that this is what I was suffering from... And now it makes sense.

See, I love spicy foods. And tomato sauces. And diet coke. And coffee. These are all things that can irritate your body and cause this condition.

And the cure?

Yep, you guessed it... Laying off all the above things.

I don't know if I can live in a world where I don't get to have at least one cup of coffee a day. I guess I could try avoiding all the other things for a week and see if I feel better... But I will not give up the coffee. Not just yet.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You know, I just found out I have the same thing! It was after a particularly large intake of pizza that I realized. So, now I'm working on laying off the pizza. Tough when you're in college! Good luck with the coffee- I certainly feel your pain. :)

Popular Posts