Tweed Blazer Heaven!

I got such a great deal today...

I decided to head out shopping in the early afternoon. I had no intention of buying anything, actually. I was just looking... Trying to finalize my Fall shopping list. (I've promised myself I wouldn't buy any Fall clothes till Fall actually arrives.)

While out, I popped into J. Crew to check on a blazer I was thinking of buying. It's the Donegal Tweed Ecole Jacket.



While tracing my fingers across the dark tweed on the hanger, a sales associate walked up behind me.

"Those are 25% off for today, just so you know," she said.

"Hmm," I thought, while smiling a thankful acknowledgment toward the woman. "Maybe I should just go ahead and try it on?"

So I picked one up and walked to the dressing room. I tried it on and loved it. So I decided to just go ahead and get it since it was on sale.

When I was up at the register, the sales associate there reconfirmed that the blazer was 25% off for today.

"Great!"
I said. "Thanks!"

She rang me up, ran my card, and bagged my jacket.

"Do you want the receipt in the bag or with you?"
she asked.

I said that I would take it. And when I did, I was in for a surprise...

The jacket was originally $198. With 25% off, that would make it $148.50. But the amount I paid for the jacket was $111.37. For some reason, they gave me an additional 25% off the jacket.

Score!

I am so glad I decided to buy it today. I got over $80 off it!

Comments

Popular Posts