Victoria's Secret "V-String."

Shopping for intimate apparel, believe it or not, is not something I enjoy doing.

Jeans, dresses, accessories, handbags, perfume, make-up, shoes... I enjoy all of that. But bras? No.

I find that whenever I step foot into a lingerie shop, I feel like the sales associates are just too aggressive. They want to show you the latest, most expensive lace thingie... When all you want is a new bra. A simple one. Nothing fancy. It just turns me off. As a consumer, I hate dealing with sales associates that work on commission.

But yesterday, I decided time to pick up a new bra. One in my collection is just worn out... So it's time. And while out, I decided to stop in Victoria's Secret to check out the new Biofit bras.

As I was digging through the colors available in my size (which, I have to complain about for a second... It seems like once you hit a certain size, they only carry boring colors. Also, once you hit a certain size, you don't need padding or any push-up material. It seems like VS only carries bras that push you up, no matter what size you are...), the sales associate came up to me and offered me a card for a free panty.

"If you buy one of the Biofit bras, you get the free panty," she explained.

I thanked her and thought, "Hey! Who couldn't use a new pair of panties?"

So I went up to the front to pay for my bra and collect my free panty. It was called the "V-string," which I (to be honest) I didn't like the sound of. And my instinct proved right.

I got a panty that looked like this on the front...



And came with a backside "coverage" of this...



Seriously, when the hell am I ever going to wear something like this? It DOES NOT look comfortable. I mean, I am all for getting rid of the VPLs in society... But this is ridiculous. And even though I got this baby for free, want to know how much Victoria's Secret wants to charge for it at full price???

They want you to pay $16.00 for it!

I just don't understand what you would be paying for at that price... It's mostly string with a patch of unbreathable polyester/lycra blend.

It looks like it would give you an infection.

I am thinking about making a fancy eye patch out of it. Or maybe a hair scrunchie. Or even a fabric cuff bracelet. But if anyone else has any ideas as to what I should do with it, feel free to leave a comment. I am open to non-perverse suggestions.

Comments

Frogger said…
A sling-shot for use this week...
Vanessa said…
Infection is what I think every time I see a panty styled like those. Besides, how can that possibly be comfortable?
Arielle said…
I too am annoyed that VS doesn't sell larger bras in fun colors (it's not like I'm even THAT big!) AND that they don't sell bras without padding (don't need it!). Boo.
Wear it in your hair! The Spice Girls did that back in the day!
Bayjb said…
Good lord. $16 for that??? That looks ridiculously uncomfortable. I can't believe that. How did the bra turn out?
Bayjb said…
Good lord. $16 for that??? That looks ridiculously uncomfortable. I can't believe that. How did the bra turn out?
Me said…
The bra is incredible. I love it. Fits quite comfortably!
Anonymous said…
A really really small kite?

I've never quite gotten thongs or the like -- I forget who I first saw describe them as "butt floss", but I think it's a pretty decent description. And I REALLY don't get panty liners for thongs!!! (yes, such things are available)
Unknown said…
Well, I would never pay $16, but I wear similar styles that I buy at Ross or Marshall's for about $2-3 (probably $8-12 at full price). I have to say, for me, they are super-comfy. I'm really just wearing them as an extra layer between me and the outer garment, so there is no reason for the extra coverage, and I like that they don't move around or ride up or bunch. But, everyone has their own preferences! You should try, maybe you'll like them!
Unknown said…
Also, I prefer the thong-shaped pantyliners, again because they don't bunch. They're all I use, even with regular undies...to me, the back portion of the regular pantyliners is just unnecessary.
Unknown said…
Also (last time, promise), you HAVE to have the cotton lining in any undies. Without that, it would be totally uncomfortable and (IMO) gross.
Change said…
I'm not even sure thats enough material for a hair scrunchie. eye patch for sure, but how often do you see pirates with pink eye patches?
Anonymous said…
I usually wear a 32B, but feel no need for "enhancement" by underwires and push-up padding, so I have a few of the VS Ipex bras. They come all the way to 40DD, are LIGHTLY lined (just enough to keep you covered in cooler temps...), and is wireless. Most comfy bra I own. As far as the butt-floss goes, the teens seem to like them. I used to wear them, but have since switched to the more comfy and practical VPL-free boyshort. O, the joys of pregnancy...
Me said…
Oh dear God!!! I can NOT imagine wearing a stringy piece of underwear while pregnant!

I agree, boy shorts are the way to go!
Anonymous said…
what a rip-off!!!!!! i only buy their stuff at the semi-annual sales cuz it so much cheaper!! and that thong thing is 4.99 at the sale. i like their cheekies though cuz they're real cute

Popular Posts