Pinkberry: I Don't Understand The Hype.

So, for a few years now, I have been hearing all this great hype about this little yogurt store joint that started on the West Coast.

I had friends, fellow bloggers and a few celebrities tell me, "Pinkberry is the shit! Best frozen yogurt ever! You wish you could get shit like this in Boston. But all you have is shitty beer and the Red Sox."

I pretty much told them, "Kiss my ass." Oh yeah, and, "Bite me."

And after I was done with the profanities (because I am so offensive, as an HR person once told me), I told them I am sure they were right and that, "This Pinkberry stuff is probably great. And the fact that's so low-cal sounds amazing. Now go fuck your self."

Well, this weekend The Husband and I were walking down Second Avenue and came across a Pinkberry. Live. In the flesh. We decided to go in. We ordered a small (which was really quite big) original with coconut and pineapple.



I was tempted to throw on some Fruity Pebbles and some Cap'n Crunch... But The Husband said he would vomit if I did. And since I had to share a hotel room and bathroom with him, I decided I would refrain from not caring, and not choose to make him vomit.

So we got our small (but really more like a medium) cup of frozen low-cal hype...

And it wasn't bad... The yogurt had a lemony taste to it. But I didn't understand the hype.

"Is the fact that you can get cereal on it?" I wondered.

I was puzzled. It didn't taste like anything special to me. I could easily buy some sorbet or frozen yogurt from the grocery store, whip it up, and throw in some Frosted Flakes and Fruity Pebbles myself at home.

So, if you ever have the chance to try Pinkberry, it won't make you vomit (unless you have an aversion to sugary cereals like The Husband)... But I don't think it's worth going out of your way to get some.

Unlike Taco Bell. Which is always worth the trip out of the way.

Comments

Bayjb said…
Thanks for the review, after all the hype around it I'm definitely curious to try it. Is Skinny Cow better? I love that stuff.

On a non-healthy note, I've tried Cold Stone Creamery too and I didn't care for it. Way too sugary and it irritated my stomach.
Me said…
I LOVE Skinny Cow!

And I too get sick from Cold Stone... And I think it's because it's just too much dairy at once. It's very dense.

Popular Posts