"Two Feet In One Line..."

I have been having a nice, steady break-through with my Bikram practice. Specifically, I am able to kick out in Standing-Head-to-Knee pose now... Quite well. AND, my Standing-Bow-Pulling pose has gotten much better.

I got a compliment after class from the teacher on my Standing-Bow.

"You almost have two feet in one line!" she noticed.

"Yeah," I told her, "I am getting there. It really helps me when I hear you guys telling me to stretch my free arm forward."

And that's the truth. When I go to move in to Standing-Bow, I lock my free arm and attach my shoulder to my chin. I then stretch my arm forward, while kicking my leg back behind me. Once I am balanced and nice stretched in both directions (up with the leg and forward with the arm) I then lean myself forward and down. This helps get the back leg even higher, and your feet closer into one line.

Ah... Progress totally comes when you get regular and committed to your practice!

Comments

Popular Posts