The New 90210.

I LOVE IT!

What specifically?

Here you go:
  • That David Silver and Kelly Taylor's younger sister, Erin, is one of the characters.
  • That Kelly has a little boy, whose father is supposedly Dylan.
  • That the girl moderating the school newscast is named "Hanna Vasquez-Zuckerman." (And HELLO! Did you catch the reference the teacher made of "What is that girl, 30?" A TOTAL hit at the fact that Hanna's mom, Andrea, always looked way older than the rest of the crowd.)
  • That there was a "blow job" incident in the first two minutes of the show.
  • That the theme song is more or less the same.
  • Rob Estes... Grrrr! (He's hot.)
  • The overall bitchiness. (Hey! It runs with the likes of Gossip Girl... So it has to be outrageously bitchy.)
  • NAT IS BACK! Did you see him? Nat is back at The Pit!
I could go on and on. Such a great show.

Comments

CelticBuffy said…
Loved it! I was addicted the original (in fact one of my children is named after one of the original characters). I watched tonight mainly for Kelly & Brenda, but to see how they would carry it off. It was great and I'll be back next week for sure! Love that they got Nat back also. I do wish that Tori Spelling hadn't pulled out of the show. I hope they keep throwing in the little things that reference back to the original 90210.
bonbonagogo said…
You think Dylan is the dad? See, after Brenda's comments at the Peach Pit, I totally think it's Brandon. But I loved, loved, loved it and totally have a MAD crush on the English teacher/lacrosse coach! YUM!!!
Great minds think alike!

I didn't think many others would catch Hannah Zuckerman-Vasquez. It slipped right by my husband. =)
Vanessa said…
I was confused about the time so I only caught the last 30 minutes, but was thrilled to see the Peach Pit scene.
Dan said…
It's kind of a cool way to revisit the '90s. Whatever happened to Jesse and Andrea?
Frogger said…
I'm still in awe over the blow-job scene in the first two minutes of the show. My parents would have walked up to the TV and turned it off. And is it just me, or are these high schoolers WAY SKINNY???
Anonymous said…
Ditto frogger on the skinny comment!

Shannen/Jennie back in the day weren't fat by any means...but they weren't scary skinny as is standard now...

they looked like me..

If I were a teen right now watching the new 90210, i'd be googling "ana".

And the adoption story is a puzzling and weak attempt at "diversity"...couldn't they have found a "hunkier" black teen? all the white male teens are "hunky"...in the original series Brandon was no dylan, but he was no slouch either...
Haha - noticed the Zuckerman reference too - it was great! I am really digging the show.

Did you see Jackie in the previews too?
Anonymous said…
who cares about Brenda and Kelly when we have a drunk and coked out Jackie coming our way?! She was by far the best 90210 character... well, besides Emily Valentine of course

Popular Posts