Kittery Outlets - Maine.

I have been so busy this week at work that by the time I get home each night, I really just collapse into bed. I have watched almost no TV this week... And I haven't read much online either.

But tonight, I knew I needed to finally get around to giving my account of my first ever trip to Maine.

No, I didn't go for lobster. (As I don't eat shellfish, because it tastes like "dirt" to me.) My friend Frogger dragged me to Maine to check out the Kittery Outlets.

The outlets are only about an hours drive from Boston. And it was a smooth ride, despite the wind and rain that we experienced. But Frogger was driving, so I wasn't worried. She is a responsible and safe driver.

I was amazed, once I got to Kittery, by the variety of outlets they had available... J. Crew, Banana Republic, Gap, Burberry , Crate and Barrel and Coach... (Just to name a few.)

Normally, I am not a Coach person. I typically think of the brand (like Louis Vuitton) as being far too sophisticated for me. I am a little more boho and funky. I can't really pull of a nice and polished-looking bag. But once I walked into the Coach store, I changed my mind.

I mean, look at the size of the bag I walked out of there with!



Don't get the wrong idea though... I didn't buy a lot of stuff from there. I bought two gifts for my sister for Christmas... And that was all I was gonna buy, till I turned around and saw this...

A nice piece of black carry-on luggage!



And it wasn't till I got it home and opened it that I saw the inside. I had no idea there was a garment bag and hanger in it!



The piece was 40% off the marked down price. And it was in perfect condition. SCORE!

My favorite purchase for the day, though, was a pair of nice silver-matte driving shoes from Banana Republic.



I've worn them every day this week so far. I adore them. And they were only $30.

I would absolutely recommend going to the Kittery Outlets to get some shopping deals.

There was a divine pumpkin-plaid Burberry scarf that I fell in love with at the Burberry outlet... But I ultimately passed on it because it was shorter than I am used to. I love to wrap scarves around my neck a few times. So I knew I would never wear the pumpkin piece.

Maybe they'll have something new to look at next Spring?

Comments

Frogger said…
I would like it known to the general public that you think admitted in an online environment that I am a safe and responsible drive.

p.s. I'm sending friends back to Maine this weekend so let me know if you change your mind on the pumpkin Burberry!
Anonymous said…
you should try the wrentham outlets! All the ones you named plus: Saks, Barneys, Theory, True Religon ++ more
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/store_listing.asp?id=10

better than Kittery IMO
Vanessa said…
Oh I adore your new driving shoes!
Me said…
they're so comfy too.
Bayjb said…
I am seriously digging those flats. And feeling jealous I couldn't go to the outlet mall!
Anonymous said…
I was debating those driving shoes! And yes, the Wrentham outlets (about an hour south of Boston) are very good. All the stores you mentioned as well. I believe Crate and Barrel just opened there.

Popular Posts