"Friday, We Will Commence Boxing."

These were the words spoken by my trainer in my last training session. This Friday, instead of our usual weight training regime, we will be boxing in the gym's studio.

"You should put together an iPod playlist of music you want to box to," he said, "and we'll play it on the speakers in there."

He told me how boxing is a "great" workout... And that I will be sweating up a storm in no time.

"You'll burn a lot of calories," he informed me.

That's good enough for me. So at 5:30am on Friday, I will be doing some ass-kicking. And here are the songs that I think I want to kick ass to:
  1. Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
  2. Four Minutes - Madonna
  3. White Lines - Duran Duran
  4. Material Girl - Madonna
  5. Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
  6. Blue Money - New Order
  7. Hella Good - No Doubt
  8. I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
  9. Seven Nation Army - White Stripes
  10. I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys
Anyone else have any good "boxing soundtrack" suggestions? I don't think these will be enough.

Comments

Frogger said…
"Independent Women" Destiny's Child
Me said…
Ah yes. Good one. POssibly also "I'm a Survivor!"
Frogger said…
Also, Liz Phair is good for this stuff. Her stuff is edgy enough that it provides good sound, and if you're having a bad day you can beat the crap of something to her music and lyrics.
Anonymous said…
Blue Monday, by New Order

Also, 8 Mile from Eminem is good
Me said…
Sorry! I meant "Blue Monday" by New Order.. Not "Blue Money"...
Anonymous said…
pat benatar - hit me with your best shot
Me said…
Ha! Ha! GREAT ONE!
Anonymous said…
Cheesy but fun - the theme to "Rocky". . .

"Fighter" by Christina Aguilera
One of the fun Rihanna songs - "Disturbia", "Shut up and Drive", "Please Don't Stop the Music", "SOS". . .
"You and Your Hand" by Pink (or one of her other "angry" songs)
"Viva la Vida" by Coldplay
"Smack That" by Akon
"Lose Yourself" by Eminem
"Hey Ya" by Outkast
"No One" by Alicia Keys
"Life is a Highway" (I like the Rascal Flatts version)
Anonymous said…
"Stronger" by Kanye West is one of my favorites songs to listen to while at the gym. I've imagined punching my trainer many a times while listening to that.
Anonymous said…
I do kickboxing regularly, and our line-up usually includes:

Pink, "So What"
Metro Station, "Shake It"
Rihanna, "Disturbia"
Miley Cyrus, "See You Again"
ACDC "You Shook Me All Night Long"
" " "Paradise City"
Janet Jackson "Feedback"

It's all about finding the beat and then letting loose. I would recommend a mellow song at the beg. of your track to warm up and cool down. Enjoy it!
Anonymous said…
I don't think any boxing soundtrack is complete without LL Cool J's Mama Said Knock You Out...

Popular Posts