My New Manifesto.

While in NYC this weekend, I hit up the Lululemon store in Columbus Circle. Lululemon is probably my favorite store in the whole world, and any chance I get to visit an actual store (rather than a showroom like we have in Boston), I take it.

I picked up a new hot pink yoga top and a new pair of yoga shorts (which, by the way, are a size smaller than I usually pick up. Great progress!) And since I didn't have a bag with me, I went ahead and accepted one of the reusable plastic bags they give you. You know, the ones with the Lululemon manifestos written all over it...



I usually these Lululemon bags to transport my sopping-wet yoga clothes after class. And as I was waiting to shower after my Bikram class tonight, I had time to actually read all the manifestos on the bag.

Here are a few of my favorites:
  • Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself.
  • Life is full of setbacks. Success is determined by how you handle setbacks.
  • That which matters least should never give way to that which matters most.
  • The world is changing at such a rapid rate that waiting to implement changes will leave you 2 steps behind. DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOW!
  • Dance, sing, floss and travel.
I especially like the last one... And I am adopting and adjusting it to my taste... So here is my new manifesto:

Love, Bikram, read, blog, exfoliate and travel.

And in case you were wondering, my old manifesto was: Blog, offend as much as possible, drink coffee and buy lots of shoes.

You can see why it needed to be changed.

Comments

Bayjb said…
I steal the Lululemon bags from my dad all the time. He LOVES the men's yoga shorts.

Those are good bags :)
Anonymous said…
There's a great yoga shop on Salem Street in the North End (right at the new Greenway Park). They sell LOADS of Lululemon.
Anonymous said…
I was in Natick Collection and saw someone carrying that bag, and I thought it was a great size—not too big, like most reusable bags—and cute. I am thinking I must go in to buy something at least to take home one of those!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations on the new manifesto! Now if you could only work on the blasfemo!

Popular Posts